Online Relationship Counselling Across Australia
Expert Online Relationship Counsellors
If you’re having issues with your partner and you feel that things are not as smooth as they used to be, we are here to assure you, you are not alone. With years of experience in online couples and relationship counselling, we can tell you there is always a solution to your relationship problems.
Your relationship doesn’t necessarily need to be “on the rocks” for you to reach out and get professional help and counselling.
At Dorfen health services, we are proud to have a team of trained and experienced online counsellors for relationship problems across Australia in who are keen to arm couples with enough knowledge and tools to reach a healthy relationship and an acceptable outcome.
When should I seek online relationship counselling?
Our online couples and relationship counselling services can give a ray of hope to anyone having issues in their relationship. If you’re feeling unhappy, or unappreciated, it is often a good indicator that you need to speak up and seek professional help. A healthy relationship with your partner is important for the happiness and harmony of your life and your family’s life.
With life’s complexity, it is common to sometimes feel overwhelmed and need the help of a professional relationship counsellor to save your relationship. With our professional online relationship counselling, we can help you understand why sometimes small problems can lead into a crisis point. We help individuals, couples and families understand the complexity of human relationships and emotions. Sometimes it may seem challenging, but we always make sure to help couples rediscover themselves and each other.
Common problems that lead people to seek online relationship counselling
As we mentioned before, if you think you’re the only one having problems in your relationship, we assure you, you’re not. Seeking relationship counselling is the first step to solving your problems. With our years of experience in the field of online counselling, we can share common issues couples face which lead them to seek professional help:
- Communication issues
- The feeling of being disconnected, distant, bored, and unfulfilled in your relationship.
- Growing apart or “falling out of love”
- Trust issues
- Financial pressure
- Ongoing and continuous arguments
- Affairs and infidelity
- Dealing with external stress, such as work stress, family stress, etc…
- Uncertainty about the future of the relationship
- Mental health issues
How can online relationship counselling help?
When seeking professional online relationship counselling, you can make sure that you’ll get the help of someone whose sole goal is to solve your problems without taking sides, blaming or judgment. We also make sure that everything discussed in each session is kept private.
We can also help you with the below:
- Understand each other and resolve conflict.
- Work on your communication skills
- We create a safe space for couples to have an honest and open discussion.
- Recognising each other’s needs and problems and finding ways to meet them.
- Building trust and connections
- Get a deeper understanding of yourself and your partner.
What happens during the relationship counselling session?
If both partners were attending the session, they are given the option to schedule it online through zoom. You can expect the following during the session:
- Our counsellors don’t take sides – in an online relationship counselling session, we make sure to challenge both partners and help them to work harder in understanding each other’s needs. We challenge you both to be kinder to one another and we make sure that no one partner is to be blamed.
- No judgment – you are in the session to make progress and have meaningful discussions. Our couples and relationship counsellors will make sure that you feel safe to share your story. We will not tell you did “good” or “bad”, but we will help you see how a problematic behaviour is affecting the relationship.
- Homework – for couples and relationship counselling, we encourage you to schedule one or two hours a week. Whatever skills you improve during this time should be put into practice outside the consultation. Dorfen’s couples and relationship counsellors will often leave you with some homework to help you master your newly learned skills.
Can I go to online relationship counselling on my own?
Sometimes, one partner is not yet ready to face the reality of having a problem and the need for professional help. But that shouldn’t stop you from seeking relationship counselling. With our years of experience, at Dorfen health services, we know that this is a common problem and we’re well prepared to work with you. Our relationship counselling methods will slightly change, and we’ll help you with:
- Communicating your frustrations and needs more effectively.
- Understanding your partner’s point of view.
- Avoiding the need to criticise or behave harshly towards your partner.
In many cases, the outcome can help save the relationship but that doesn’t mean that the partner who sought help was the problem. It always takes two to create a problem but understanding one another with better communication can result in a successful outcome for both partners.